Automatic Transmission Service
What's included with our transmission service?
- Flush & refill with fluid
- This is the most important aspect of your transmission service as all the oil in the gearbox and torque converter needs to be flushed and replaced. This can be up to 15 litres of oil and generally makes up the bulk of the cost.
- Replace filters & seals if necessary
- Automatic transmission filters rarely need replacing and as such some actually are part of the sump pan. These can be several hundred dollars to replace so we will check the condition and only replace if necessary. Any worn seals will also be replaced
- Mechanical check
- When we have the sump off your transmission we will check it all over to ensure there aren't any build ups of deposits around the clutch packs and check the wear and tear on the system.
- Performance check
- This is to ensure that your transmission is shifting gears quickly and in line with the vehicle specifications and settings.
- Road test
- As with all servicing a road check is important to catch any issues that may have been overlooked or to check that the work performed has indeed fixed any problems.